Friday, December 3, 2010

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

J is posting this a lot late, but she wanted to get some cute pictures of me and daddy all geared up to go turkey hunting. It was a great weekend in October to go hunting, the days were warm and the nights were crisp. P went out every morning and evening, trying to find a turkey, but he never did. Secretly J was hoping he wouldn't come home with one since P told her she'd have to pluck the turkey. And she wasn't looking forward to that. But she was sad for P as this was the first year in almost 15 that he actually was drawn for Fall Turkey. Anywhoo, with the hunters out there, I stayed with J in camp while P when out hunting and we played and chased and just had a good break from J’s crazy workload where she couldn't get email and her blackberry didn't work. She made me wear my red hiking vest so that no one would shoot at me thinking I was a turkey. My, my how could anyone think that. But P & J love me sooooooo much they want me to be around for the long term. I agreed. Although I did sometimes roll over and squirm and squiggle on my back to itch it. I was a great boy and P hopes that he will get drawn next year so that maybe I can go with him. Next up for us is Christmas tree hunting!!!!! Yea, that means Santa is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment