Monday, August 23, 2010

Did You Know That Canoes Are Tippy? And Water Is Wet?






On Canoeing - Well, P&J took me up to the forest to get out of the heat. We are all very tired of the summer and ready for the Fall to arrive. This time, they packed up this big green thing on top of the car and drove to this thing that is big and wet and has lots of people around it. Apparently, I was in for my first canoe ride on Willow Springs Lake. Since this was my first time in a canoe, P&J decided that we should do a little expedition cruise - so if I jumped out of or tipped over the canoe, we would get wet when the water was at its warmest and we would only have us and the paddles to save. And guess what.....I did GREAT!!!!! I didn't tip the canoe over and dunk us. But I did cause it wiggle & rock a lot since I couldn't sit still.

On Swimming - After we paddled (ha, P&J paddled, I got to sit and watch the herons and ospreys) across the lake to the far side, P&J got us all out and we played with a stick in the water. It was also my first full on experience of swimming in a lake where I couldn’t stand on the ground and I did good there too. I was pretty confident in my abilities until P threw the stick just a little too farther than I could reach the bottom and I sunk down, but them popped right back up. (Of course J was having a heart attack - nervous mom as you know she is & P was ready to jump in too as he also wants to make sure I’ll be around for a long time.) I had fun running through the water, up and down on the shoreline, I was grinning from ear to doggie ear. I hope they take me again to a lake soon as I think I like it.

Now, the only picture J has of me is after the fact. She was worried that I would tip us over as said earlier and that the camera would float on down to the bottom of lake forever. So, it is all memories for our first canoe ride, but I can assure you it was fun for all of us. The picture is of Willow Springs Lake on the Rim and of the canoe aftermath. The other picture is of me sleeping as I couldn't even keep my eyes open for the ride back to the campground I was so tired from the excitement and the swimming events.

7 comments:

  1. How fun!! I am glad you all had a good time!! Love, Twix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you have determined a possible chickens on the market vendor, begin looking for reviews budgies birdseed

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can even teach them to state things at proper times such as for instance only expressing "Good morning" when their actually time-appropriate parakeets

    ReplyDelete
  4. the remarkable people of these chickens could make you want to look for any places that may provide you with lots of Quaker chickens data, and this may be via websites, cockatoo for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. which became exceedingly popular and inspired her into beginning the website.One of typically the most popular aspects of the website for individuals seeking Quaker Finches

    ReplyDelete
  6. and how to teach these birds to become prolific talkers(you may regret this one) Macaws

    ReplyDelete
  7. and how to teach these birds to become prolific talkers(you may regret this one) Parakeets

    ReplyDelete